Become a safer, more effective and more efficient sprayer operator
Thank you for your interest in Airblast101 – Your Guide to Effective and Efficient Spraying. The book began in 2010 as a classroom-based workshop for Ontario’s airblast sprayer operators. It was intended as a primer and decision-support tool for operators to become safer, more effective and more efficient.
After several iterations, the first textbook edition was made freely available in 2015 as an eBook, or at cost in hard copy. It won the 2016 Canadian Agri-Marketing Association’s “Certificate of Merit” in the Special Publications Category. Well over a thousand copies of the first edition have been circulated worldwide.
Entirely reworked, this new edition explores international best practices, describes new equipment, and explains the physics of spraying. It is an invaluable resource for farmers, equipment manufacturers, researchers, regulators and educators in the field of agricultural spraying.
Air-assist sprayer design continues to evolve and diversify. With this new edition we’ve broadened the scope to include international air-assist designs, techniques and cropping systems.
We’ve kept the tone conversational and relied heavily on illustration and real-world examples to make physics and engineering concepts accessible.
Co-authored by US sprayer specialist Mark Ledebuhr (Application Insight LLC) with contributions by NZ sprayer specialist Dr. David Manktelow (Applied Research and Technologies Ltd).
Learn more about:
- The forces that influence air and spray droplet behaviour.
- Configuring any air-assist sprayer to optimize coverage and minimize waste.
- Evaluating spray coverage and improving your spraying strategy.
Order your copy now
- Digital copies are free of charge: fill out the form at the top of the page to get your copy now (interactive PDF and eBook versions are both available).
- Printed copies are available through print-on-demand publishing. The printers are located in the US, so shipping rates will vary greatly.
- More than 300 copies downloaded in 23 countries in the first four weeks!
Drop us an email.